National Food Processor
Our client is a food production company with a significant percentage of the workforce paid hourly based on union contracts. The implementation of Workday payroll required integration to Kronos, which is a time & attendance system. Workday is the system of record for HCM data, time-off balances and payroll information. Kronos is the system of record for hourly employee time tracking.
While Workday is the system of record for time off balances, employees don’t enter time-off requests in Workday. Rather, any time-off would be created in Kronos and those hours were to be fed to Workday. This requires frequent synchronization to make sure that there are no discrepancies between the systems. Additionally, the working hours logged in Kronos must be integrated with Workday for core payroll input.
After facilitating architecture sessions, and determining requirements, we developed 3 integrations using Workday integration tools. supported testing and cutover to production.
There were 3 required integrations:
- Employee Demographic feed from Workday to Kronos to manage employee lifecycle changes in Kronos
- Absence Balance feed from Workday to Kronos to keep balances in Kronos in sync with the system of record.
- Payroll Input feed from Kronos to Workday to manage hours and amounts to pay through payroll. An additional piece to this integration would take any time off hours and reduce the balance stored in Workday appropriately.
Throughout the process, we provided advisory around process and best practices. The partnership we had with the client and the Kronos consultants allowed for a smooth implementation that was on time and on budget.
- 2019 Workato Partner Summit - March 20, 2019
- Integration between Workday and Kronos for National Food Processor - March 1, 2019