Digital transformation is an ongoing and valuable process that helps companies improve business operations, enhance customer and employee experiences, and gain competitive advantage.
Organizations can enhance capabilities and capacity by applying the right technical solutions and by ensuring these solutions are fully integrated into lean, efficient, and automated business processes. However, these kinds of transformations can be daunting because they simultaneously impact people, processes, and technologies. Choosing the right solutions can be overwhelming, given the pace of technological change.
To help our clients navigate through this complexity, Dispatch has developed a proven step-by-step methodology called DEEP that breaks down any digital transformation project into manageable pieces anchored by the business’s strategic objectives. Then we help our clients implement their strategy through our project management process called DIVE.
DEEP stands for Define, Evaluate, Engage, and Plan. It’s results-driven and considers all dimensions of change – including the people, processes, and technology.
- Understand how your business strategy links directly to your systems and processes.
- Define the KPIs that measure the success of your transformation. Articulate your current state as measured in qualitative and quantitative terms.
- Develop a “victory statement” about your future state vision, clearly indicating what the definition of success would be for this transformation, as measured by your KPIs.
- Evaluate your current systems, processes, and organizational structures.
- Assess gaps between your current state and envisioned future state.
- Map existing business processes and systems to establish baseline performance, costs, and user experiences.
- Identify where investments should be made, including changes to processes, technologies, skills, and structures.
- Engage with internal and external subject matter experts and vendors to ensure your strategy is anchored in real-world experience and includes an understanding of the art of the possible.
- Where new technology is anticipated, engage in a formal and impartial vendor selection process.
- Ensure you evaluate technologies and future-state process flows across several dimensions. Articulate how you expect the future state to change with each technological option evaluated.
- Consider what process and organizational changes are possible or necessary when considering new technology.
- Wherever possible, consider what impact each new solution would have on your critical KPIs.
- Based on your detailed evaluation, develop a comprehensive digital transformation plan.
- Develop a governance model to ensure your transformation can deliver on time, on budget, and on specification.
- Manage risk carefully. Changing too many variables at once effectively “stacks” project risk.
- Establish milestones through your journey, measure progress constantly, and measure the impact on your KPIs throughout the process.
Our Team Can Help Get You Started on Your Digital Transformation Journey
At Dispatch Integration, we specialize in developing integration and workflow automation solutions that significantly impact our client’s business operations across various industries. Our solutions are designed to improve the customer and employee experience by streamlining processes and increasing efficiency. Additionally, our solutions are scalable and cost-effective, allowing our clients to achieve their goals. Contact us for more information on our process and how we may be able to assist you.
Cameron Hay is the CEO of Dispatch Integration, a data integration and workflow automation company with clients in Canada, US, Europe and Australia. He has over 30 years of leadership experience in various technology-oriented industries.